ESSENTIAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TIPS
Posts Tagged: Business Coaching And Mentoring Courses
Great business coaching can be transformative for both individuals and organisations. These six facts demonstrate why it is such an important investment for a company.
1. Business coaching offers benefits that go beyond the workplace and encompass personal development and work-life balance. When a Business Coach develops skills like communication, goal-setting and delegating, those skills can be applied in other areas of a person’s life.
Furthermore, by teaching people to work more effectively and efficiently, time is freed up in other areas for family and outside interests.
2. Engaging a business coach is not something that is only done when a company is in crisis. In fact, many executives and companies regularly use a business coach in the same way they might have an accountant, an attorney and other professionals who fulfil specific roles for the company.
Business coaches can help keep people on track with their professional goals, facilitate communication between business partners and ensure that problems are dealt with before they become more serious.
3. Business coaching over the phone or with Skype may be more effective than in-person meetings. People may think they have to work with a coach who is local or schedule in-person meetings, but surprisingly, some research supports the idea that coaching can actually be more effective over Skype. Doing so appears to increase motivation and eliminate distractions that may exist in face-to-face meetings.
4. Somewhere between a quarter and nearly one-half of all Fortune 500 companies use business coaches. This indicates that companies at every level from the smallest businesses to the largest corporations can benefit from business coaching, and they recognise this fact as well.
Study after study demonstrates a sizeable ROI from business coaching, and almost unanimously, clients consistently report satisfaction with their coaching experience.
5. Business coaching can benefit people at all skill and experience levels. Great business coaches adapt their approaches to the needs of the client. Someone who has been in the business world for twenty years can be helped just as someone who is getting started can be.
In the former example, the business coach may work on things such as examining whether there is a gap between goals and actions or asking the client questions to inspire new ideas. In the latter example, a coach might work with the client on putting together a business plan and communicating their vision for the business.
6. Finding the right coach is important. There is no regulatory body for business coaches, so word-of-mouth recommendations from colleagues can be helpful. Who that right coach is may come as a surprise.
Business coaches do not necessarily need to have expertise in the particular area of a client’s business in order to be effective. The skills a business coach develops are applicable across industries, and one who is not entrenched in a client’s particular area of specialisation might be able to bring a fresh perspective to the business that an industry veteran would not have.
Business coaching can build a strong foundation for a new business and take an established business in exciting and innovative directions.
Tim Meagher is a professional business coach with over 40 years experience and can help you to develop your business, Learn More About Tim.
You may also be interested in downloading a FREE copy of our Lead Generation Made Simple Ebook. Click on the image below to download your FREE copy today!